Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pumpkin Muffins

As fall has officially begun, so has pumpkin season- meaning pumpkin baking crazes are now cooking acceptable. At the young start of my baking and cooking obsession, pumpkin muffins were one of the goods I was known for. Back in the days of 8th grade when I played basketball (but let's be real, I did more chilling on the sidelines than actually playing in the game due to my natural clumsy abilities) these muffins were always requested by the team to munch down on the bus rides for our away games. I guess since these were always discussed and requested, it sort of got to my head that I make a darn good pumpkin muffin. This big pumpkin ego head of mine also came out last night when once again I was talking up how great my muffins were all before I decided to do a keg stand. At least it was a relief I was around some gentleman who didn't pull a mean girls line on my and ask if I wanted my muffin buttered- but to be honest, these muffins are so moist and delicious no added butter is necessary.




Servings: 15 muffins

Ingredients: 

3/4 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup canola oil
12 oz of pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon allspice



Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat together the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin puree. Then slowly add in the flour and baking soda.
Once all the ingredients are combined, add in the spices.

Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Then ladle in about 3/4 of the way of batter into the cupcake liners. Place the muffins into the oven and allow them to bake for about 30 minutes. Once they are done (a toothpick comes out of the muffin clean) allow them too cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.



Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment