Monday, October 7, 2013

Peanut Butter Overload Cookies

A very special occasion has just passed, so of course it called for a little indulgence in the form of peanut butter cookies. My big brother recently got engaged and for the small party we had, I baked some peanut butter cookies. Naturally, this post will be dedicated to my brother and the new journey he is about to begin. Although I hope he doesn't forget our childhood memories together- some of which I would like to reminisce on.
Even though you used to call me hairy back (I promise this isn't actually something I have), spilled beer in my hair at the dinner table, whine like a five year old, didn't actually like my company some years ago because truthfully I was annoying, or made me endure your deathly farts- I still love you and mostly cherish those memories. Even though you more than did your rightful duty of being a "mean older sibling," you also became an important figure in my life when I needed you the most. You taught me so many life lessons such as wonderful cooking tips, being a master of manipulation, learning to appreciate brunch since it is the best meal of the day, and of course a love of peanut butter. For you to celebrate this incredible event, peanut butter overload cookies only seemed appropriate. I hope that our shared love of peanut butter and overload of sibling love only shines through.
Congrats bro.


Servings: 48 cookies

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 sticks of butter melted and slightly cooled
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 cup of roasted and lighty salted peanuts, chopped
1 cup of peanut butter chips
1 cup of mini chocolate and peanut butter cups
1 cup of reeses pieces



Directions:

Place the sugars in a bowl with the melted butter and stir until the sugars are fully incorporated.  Then add in the eggs and vanilla. Once well mixed add in the peanut butter.

In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Add this mix in batches to the peanut butter mixture. Once a dough-like consistency has formed, add in the peanuts, peanut butter chips, peanut butter cups, and reeses pieces.

Refrigerate the dough for at least two hours. Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and add a small spoonful of dough to the cookie sheet. Flatten the dough using a fork. (You can create a criss-cross design by using a fork dipped into warm water.)

Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Once they have lightly cooled, transfer them to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.

Enjoy your peanut butter overdose!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment