Monday, January 20, 2014

Thai Coconut Soup

Slowly winter break has come to an end and spring semester has crept up. Although I do no want to go back to class, I do miss my college house. To kickstart the new semester I though a new soup post would be nice, especially due to the predicated snowfall to come. 
It was hard to come back to freezing temperatures from 60 degree Las Vegas weather. But no, I did not gamble my life savings, get married, or wake up with a tiger in my room. Although my entire vacation I was craving Thai food, which could have spurred from forcing feeding peanut butter to my boyfriend's dog in order to prevent him barking on our plane ride there. Whether enjoying warm or freezing temperatures, enjoying curling up with this delicious soup!



Servings: 5-6

Ingredients:
1 14 oz can of light coconut milk
2 cups of vegetable broth
1 1/2  cups of water
3 cups of chopped oyster mushrooms
3 cups of chopped broccoli
1 cup of mung bean sprouts
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 cup of carrot slices
1/2 cup of red quinoa
1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
1 tablespoon of fish sauce
2 tablespoons of red chili paste
1 stalk of lemon grass



Directions:

Lightly sauté the garlic, carrots, broccoli, beans sprouts, and mushrooms. Then add in the coconut milk, water, and vegetable broth.
Add in the lemon grass, ginger, chili paste, and fish sauce.
Then add the quinoa. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower to a simmer and allow the quinoa to cook, for about 15-20 minutes.
Once the quinoa is cooked and the vegetables are tender, remove the lemon grass. Adjust spices to your preference and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment