Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pistachio, Dark Chocolate, and Sea Salt Cookie Sticks

After arriving home from vacation, I soon found myself preparing for a blizzard. Naturally it only made sense to bake an absurd amount in order to occupy my time. I decided to make cookie sticks (in addition to cookies and mini cakes), but as in my new year's resolution, I wanted to make it without butter. According to my multiple taste testers, they came out great. Although having to shell my own pistachios, since no pre-shelled (for the lazy cook) could be found in stores, was not all too fun. Regardless, enjoy this sweet and a bit healthier treat to help stick to those resolutions.




Adapted from the Kosher Palette

Servings: about 25 cookie sticks

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup of unsalted, roasted, chopped pistachios
1 cup of dark chocolate chips
Sea salt



Directions:

Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the sugar and melted coconut oil together.
Then add in the egg, vanilla, and baking soda.
Slowly add in the flour.

Lastly add in the pistachios and dark chocolate chips.
On a parchment lined cookie sheet, form the dough into a log. Before placing into the over, sprinkle sea salt over the dough.

Bake the dough for about 25 minutes. Take the dough out once golden brown and allow to cool for ten minutes. Then cut the dough into sticks and allow to fully cool.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment