Friday, May 31, 2013

Honey Maple Nut Granola

Even since I was a teen, I have been called a "granola" on multiple occasions. The most was when I began telling people about the colleges I was considering to apply to, and many of them were granola schools, where I, a granola girl would fit it. I am not sure whether it is my quirky nature or my love of dance and yoga that coined that name upon me, but regardless I love granola. Before work begins and I become fully accustomed to a real person's working hours, I decided to make some granola. I thought a maple and nut mix would be a nice simple granola base that could have other ingredients added in, and so the recipe was concocted. Enjoy and embrace your  inner "granola."



Servings: about 6 half-cup servings

Ingredients:

5 Cups of Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 Cup of Honey
1/3 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
1 Cup Roughly Chopped Walnuts
1 Cup Roughly Chopped Pecans
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon



Directions:

Preheat oven to 275 degrees.

Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and then spread out the granola mix on a greased baking sheet.



Allow the granola to cook for 2 1/2- 3 hours, until the granola is crispy and crunchy.

Before storing, let the granola fully cool.



Happy munching!

  

1 comment: