Sunday, May 5, 2013

Peanut Butter Nutella Blondies

I wish I could be able to take credit for this brilliant recipe. Blondies are a great dessert- a nice cross of a cookie served like a brownies, both of which are scrumptious. I have to say my favorite flavor combinations are peanut butter and chocolate and a little nutella. With summer approaching, I am all the more excited for my favorite shack of an ice cream place to re-open for the season so I can have my peanut butter and chocolate fro-yo twist more times than I can count. But until that day comes, I'll settle with this blondie recipe.
Here is the original Cook's Illustrated link for their blondies which is a stunning recipe unaltered.
Cook's Illustrated Blondies



Ingredients:

1 1/2 Cups of Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 Sticks of Butter Melted and Cooled
1 1/2 Cups of Brown Sugar
2 Eggs (Lightly Beaten)
4 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Nutella

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 9x13 baking pan.

Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl.

Add the melted butter to the brown sugar and stir until there are no clumps. Then add the vanilla and eggs.  Then add in the peanut butter and nutella. (Before adding the peanut butter and nutella, combine the two in smaller bowl and microwave until thinned out in 30 second intervals.)



Then slowly fold in the dry ingredients in batches.
Once mixed add in the chocolate chips.

Place the batter into the  pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Once finished cooking allow the blondies to cool completely and then cut into squares.


Happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD. STOP IT RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing that could make this better is Nutella! .....oh wait!

    ReplyDelete