Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Shiritaki Noodles with Walnut Kale Pesto

Today I began my online summer class entitled, Social Media for the Arts. I not only took the class for credit, but also in hope to gain new knowledge in order to help with this blog, since cooking is an art. On the other hand I also want to educate myself about social media which is more than prevalent in today's society. A facebook page or twitter account could sometimes make or break you- and I am unsure whether that makes me nervous about someone creeping on my personal facebook or think it's kinda fascinating how much influence the internet and social media has. But rather than upload those red solo pictures to your facebook and "potentially damage future job opportunities," upload a picture of you and some shiritaki noodles with walnut kale pesto and express that inner and adventurous foodie!



Servings: About 3

Ingredients:

2 packages of Shiritake Tofu Noodles
3 Cups of Chopped Kale
3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Toasted Walnuts
3 Garlic Cloves
1/4 Cup Chopped Parsley
Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes to taste



Directions:

Cook the noodles according to the packaging.

Using a food processor or tough blender, combine the kale, olive oil, walnuts, garlic, and parsley until a smooth consistency is achieved. Flavor with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes according to taste.

Serve the pesto over the noodles and enjoy.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment